Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hello sun

The middle of February suddenly got busy for us. With Presidents' Day both Ethan and Brian had the day off, so we spent the weekend in Buhl. Ethan also had Tuesday off, and with the Friday before off he had a 5 day weekend. We are also now back to being a two car family. My awesome and generous parents gave us their old mini-van! We are grateful beyond words.

I am back to work, so to speak. I am working just two hours a week, from 6-8 on Tuesdays at the middle school I use to work at. They want to keep the library open in the evening for parents and students to use the library and computers. So far in the two nights I've worked we've had a total of zero people come in. I am hoping it picks up a little.

Corinne is still suffering from the never-ending cold. Now Ethan is coughing, sniffling, and complaining his ear hurts. It totally could be worse, but it's hard seeing my kids not feel well. Corinne turned 9 months old Tuesday, and she is playing peek-aboo, babbling up a storm, standing a little on her own, and just generally being cute and lovable. Ethan is doing well in school. According to his reading scores he is ahead of where he needs to be as a first grader, and he is doing well in math. He just needs to work on making his work a little neater. Of course, I think he is a pretty bright, imaginative kid.

1 comment:

Pezlady Jana said...

Hooray for another car!! And the job!! The never-ending cold has risen it's ugly head again at our house. I am so done with it alL! Good luck getting it to leave from your house and when you figure out how to get your kids to make their work neater...let me know. I really could use some know-how there.