Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I had lots of ideas today for a "Pessimists Guide to [something]," but Corinne had her 4 month "well-baby" doctor appointment today and the inevitable shots have left her feeling quite unwell I'm afraid. Normally she is such a good baby, and very happy, but this afternoon she cried for 1/2 hour straight so I know she isn't feeling well. I HATE it when my kids are sick! I just want to take all their pain away. Wouldn't it be great if there was some way you could do that? Like, if you just held their face like Spock does when he does his Vulcan mind meld, and took all their pain and experienced it yourself so they didn't have to. I worry that Corinne thinks I betrayed her, too. What if she blames me for all this pain she doesn't understand? I just want to hold her forever right now, until she believes me that everything is going to be okay and that she'll feel better tomorrow. Of course, I also am feeling very worried and over-protective right now, worried that it's a bad reaction to the shots or something. I just want her to be okay, that's all.

No comments: