Friday, September 26, 2008

I haven't been at my best the last couple of days. Corinne hasn't been sleeping very well. She ran a fever all Wednesday night/Thursday morning, was cranky and out of sorts, so consequently I didn't get much sleep. I thought I was handling sleep deprivation pretty well until yesterday afternoon when Ethan was whining about doing his homework. Let's just avoid the messy details and say I had a meltdown. It happens, and I think we've both recovered. I hope today is better, but again I didn't get much sleep last night. Corinne was coughing a little. Nothing too bad, but of course I couldn't sleep for worrying about her. Plus, the news this morning sounds pretty bleak, so right now I hold out little hope for today.

I may do some coloring later. I know that may sound weird or irresponsible, but I think it would help. Sometimes it's just nice to "revert", you know? Go back to something that made you feel good as a kid. I would draw, but coloring is less involved, and I'm not very artistic anyway. Another option is to watch a funny movie, but I'm not feeling very decisive today so I might color while watching a funny movie. This may be the best way to cope with today.

1 comment:

Pezlady Jana said...

What funny movie are ya gonna watch? I think maybe I will color today too...cuz I co-dependent like that.