Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This morning when I walked Ethan to the bus, the moon was still out. I believe it must be pretty close to full. It was just... stunning. After my son got on the bus, and we went through our morning ritual of blowing each other kisses and hugs through the bus window, I walked home in all this morning splendor, with the world waking up around me and the gorgeous moon in the sky. It was hard not to become contemplative, so I thought about nature and was struck almost immediately with this question: did God have something against the dinosaurs? I thought of that verse in the Bible that says something about God caring about sparrows and giving them what they need, so what did the dinosaurs do, or any extinct species for that matter, that made God smite them so? I have no answers.

No comments: