Tuesday, November 11, 2008


I usually hate pictures of myself, but Corinne looks so cute I like it despite my presence there. It was taken when we all went to get pumpkins at Linder Farms south of Meridian. And when I say "all" I mean there were about 16 adults and kids, all trying to find that perfect, round pumpkin. It was Corinne's first hay ride AND first pumpkin, so it was a big day for her. From the picture you can see it was an absolutely gorgeous fall day, and there were hundreds of other families milling about, enjoying the petting zoo, jump houses, corn maze, and various other activities there. Ethan also pick out his pumpkin, one of three because he got two more at Scouts. We carved his into a jack-o-lantern that we put a lit candle into on Halloween. Now he is observing how long it will take to decay. It's teeth are sort of sinking in, and everyday when he comes home from school it checks to see what critters are hiding beneath it. He's found slugs, pill bugs, a stinkbug, and some sort of centipede like thing. Speaking of Ethan we celebrated his birthday over the weekend. Saturday we had a little treasure hunt which ended in him finding a surprise Spiderman Pinata in the garage. After whacking the snot (I mean candy) out of that he opened his presents, then we headed to Smoky Mountain Pizza. Grandma, Papa, Nana, Pappy, Grandma Murray, Pam, Chad, Leah, Jon, Melissa, Jackson, Jen, Mike, Ellie, Olivia, and of course Brian, Corinne, and I were all there. I think he had a great party, and on Thursday (his actual birthday) he wants to go to Red Robin so they can sing happy birthday to him and then take treats to his Scout meeting. I can't believe he's almost 7!

2 comments:

Pezlady Jana said...

well I think you look just as cute as her! I love Halloween! We were holding on to our pumpkins and seeing how gross they could get also, until the two naughty neighbor boys decided to smash them for us and ruined all our plans. Oh well. There's always next year!

Brian said...

I'm really glad to hear you say that you don't hate that picture-- I think it's a great one of the two of you. You'll probably have to remind me again about RR on Thursday. I know I can be home early enough for us to go, but I just need to remember to do that.