Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Well, Ethan took the death of Bluey Blue surprisingly well. I was almost considering telling him that we sent her to live on a fish farm, where she would have lots of friends and running ponds, but I decided to tell him the truth so he could deal with it. Actually, his reaction was a little scary, in that after I told him as we were walking home from the bus, he starting wringing his hands together somewhat diabolically and he said, "Now it's time for my ULTIMATE plan." Now, I am not sure what that means, and I was a little afraid to ask. But we came home and he helped me get her out of her little bowl. I asked him if he wanted to bury her or flush her down the toilet, and he voted for toilet. I was kind of hoping he would want to bury her so we could go for a "Circle of life" type thing, but he was adamant we flush her. So we carried her into the bathroom on a paper towel, dropped her in, and he flushed her, and that was that.

No comments: